Thursday, October 28, 2004

Money doesn't grow on trees, it grows at a bank, unless the tree is a bank, and then there's a dilemma.

After a much needed break from NABABNA, I returned to work today to a pile of quality assurance calls. Ah, the wonderfulness of horrid grammar and angry customers was classic.

I was reminded of another grammar issue in one of the calls that I forgot in the post Grammar people! Grammar! It is important.

Dana, this one is going to bring back a memory or two.

The word I came across tonight was, "Branching," as in a branching location.

In banking, the term should be "banking location" or "branch location". If we use the word branching, we would be adding locations, not referring to the existing ones.

I just wanted to ask the banker, "Are we a tree now?"

I know it's a short post, I just had to share.

1 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

OH MY GOD! Why would you do this to me?

"If you would go to the nearest branching location, they would be happy to help you with that."

If that wasn't bad enough, all of the personal information she would give - do I really want to hear about how you were engaged and then not engaged and then sleeping with some guy because he's got a lot of money and oh, hey, he just happens to be a friend of your former fiance and oh, hey, he's 45 and you're not even 25 yet! Yuck!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home