Sunday, November 21, 2004

Look, we provide financial services, not common sense, okay?

Last night, I got to talk to Moron Mother. She called about a hold on funds on a deposit with us, NABABNA. Here's the call:

B: Thank you for holding MM. My name is Beth and I'm a supervisor here at NABABNA. I understand you wanted to talk about a hold on a deposit?

MM: Yes. I want the hold off of those funds.

B: I'd be happy to see if we can release that hold. (Technical stuff here, I call the other bank and see if the check got paid. If it was, I make the funds available. If it hasn't, the customer still can't use the funds.)

MM: I want you to reverse those fees too.

B: I can go through the fees with you. It looks like this deposit was made in person. Do you have your receipt?

MM: I do and the teller told me those funds were on hold until the 24th (at the time of the call, it was still the 20th). Why did I get fees?

B: Excuse me? You knew the funds were unavailable and still used them?

MM: But the check cleared.

B: We don't know that yet. I can call to see or we can wait for notification from the Federal Reserve.

MM: I want you to reverse those fees.

B: I want to make sure I have this straight. You knew not to spend the money and still did?

MM: Yes.

B: That's not a bank error. We told you to not use the funds and you chose to do so.

MM: But my son wrote those checks weeks ago.

B: So he spent money before he ever considered making a deposit?

MM: Yes.

B: That's still not a bank error.

MM: But he only writes his rent check.

B: MM, there are twenty checks clearing here. They're mostly for 5 to 15 dollars. Does he pay rent in increments?

MM: Um, no.

B: That's still not a bank error.

MM: Oh, okay.

I did call and got the funds released. Here's the thing, if you KNOW not to spend the funds, WHY do you do it??? Come on people, it's not that hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home