Thursday, December 16, 2004

And sometimes, NABABNA is paying them...

At the NABABNA customer service call center, I help manage about 20 bankers. Each are unique in their own ways and there is one that is a constant source of amusement. I'd like to share two of the recent stories about this particular banker. I will call him Mario. I'm calling my manager Popeye.

Popeye's phone rings as we're chatting about an upcoming meeting. He answers it and I see the look of confusion on his face. Here is that conversation:

M: I'm going to be late on my lunch. Is that okay?
P: No. Get back here.
M: I locked the keys to my car inside it. I'm at McD's.
P: I'll come get you.

Mario hangs up. Thirty seconds later, Popeye's phone rings again. He answers it.

M: You don't have to get me.
P: How are you getting back here?
M: Another (exact same make and model car made within the last four years) pulled up next to me. That guy's keys fit my lock and opened the door.
P: What? No they didn't.
M: The only difference was that his is an automatic and mine's a manual.

There is about a 1 in 12,000 chance of this happening!

Later, I was given the privilege of talking to Mario about his quality assurance scores.

B: Mario, do you understand that you should have explained to the customer that the item they asked about had not in fact cleared the account?
M: But I said it in my head.
B: (Holding back gales of laughter): Well, unfortunately quality, nor the customers, can communicate with you telepathically. In the future, be sure to disclose the accurate information in verbal form.
M: Can you get points back for me?

And it's something new every day. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home